Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blessings!

So over the last year we have had it pretty rough. Last July we decided that due to all of the medical debt we incurred from Elizabeth's birth we would declare bankruptcy. Well for those of you who don't know they no longer have medical bankruptcy so its a full out bankruptcy... Well since we had $75000.00 in medical debt we decided we may as well add in our car and the few small credit loans to have a fresh start. SO after doing so we started to feel the anxiety/ depression of what felt like we had given up and thrown the towel in. After being completely embarrassed  in court due to our Lawyer's incapability to file our documents correctly; he left out Baby Jason and our car loan making us look fragulent. Also all of his terrible advice so when all was said and done we owed $80.00 plus our $5160.00 tax return and our bankruptcy discharged. In the mean time while Christmas shopping with friends last Dec. we hit a deer and only have liability so we could not fix our van and then with Emma's recent accident our van is pretty beat up and feels like a rolling death trap. SO we had already decided since we had been scammed on the van and not knowing the actual mileage or condition of the van that we would buy a new 4x4 vehicle preferably a truck. Well we have found that without a cosigner and at least 20% down we can't afford to buy a dependable vehicle which makes things a tad more stressful. Amazingly we have stayed pretty optimistic thru the whole ordeal and have realized all of the many blessings we have received due to our faithfullness. We have been blessed to always have enough to take care of our family, I now have 2 children I babysit, our girls weren't hurt in the accident (or any one else). Then today it appeared as though our luck had changed we got a letter in which we interperted it to say we owed $5262.00 to the bankruptcy. Panicked I called our attorney and when he didn't answer I immediately called the trustee. She explained that we had a rare case where we were actually getting a $1600.00 refund! That the creditors didn't claim the money we owed. What a HUGE BLESSING! I called our attorney back and he said wow thats like the 2 case in 20 years I have ever had that got a refund! SO to those of you who think I can't pay my tithing its too much, or saying my prayers why he never answers. He does and will answer prayers he blesses us with all we stand in need of and he does it according to our faithfulness. I am so grateful we remained faithful even when we thought who cares anymore, why do we even bother going to church we went and have been truly blessed. I know we will continue to be blessed.

No comments: